Pandemics of the Past _ Yuri

 

I was not familiar with bubonic plague, cholera epidemic and Spanish flu or rather, never heard of these before. I was really surprised the speed and the number of dead when I knew the detailed number. Each pandemics made me horrible. Through the history of diseases, medical technology has been improving so much. I think there were a lot of mistakes in the process of producing vaccine. However, I’m sure it was not “just” mistakes because there is knowledge gained at that time, which is useful in other ways. I felt it this week. Something familiar and new in our memories must be COVID-19. For me, many events were canceled, downed the scale or limited such as school trip, school festival and daily life in the high school, but it was not only me.

Lastly, for the future, early detection, how deal with it and international cooperate are important. To find out and responding quickly might make a difference and speed up the convergence.


Comments

  1. The bear is very cute. Also it is very easy to understand. Maybe this bear is very helpful for the kids. That is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone struggled to live under COVID-19. I hope any plague will break out any more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the character of the picture, Kumamonn! I surprised the number of dead within 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This character is quite catchy and attractive. I hope it will contribute to the prevention of future pandemics. Yusuke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yuri~ I like your idea about international cooperation! And yes, the death toll of the past pandemics are too horrifying to think they were true 😟

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel horrible about death toll as well. That's many people who died. I can't imagine how terrified and suffer that people in that time confront it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang