Library Visit Debrief -- Anny

Almost every Thursday, we have opportunities to learn outside of the classroom. I enjoy this kind of learning, which bring fresh elements and practical knowledge. 

Today we visited Robertson library, one of the University of Otago libraries. The subject librarian Amanda Hutchinson gave us a speech on‘Introduction to Academic research’. Her presentation was concise and to the point, which made me feel that English literature retrieval was no longer as difficult as I had thought. Of course, I need more practice. What the presentation impressed me are the subject guides and search strategies. 

It’s the most important thing to make good use of library resources for academic research. I hope I will be proficient in searching and utilizing the English literature in the future. 

Comments

  1. I like outside class studies too! Also, Amanda gave us useful information. I think we both have great opportunity to research or learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like outdoor activities too. It makes me more refresh our heart❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like Robertson library. We're also visited library first time and I'm agree with you, It's good to use library resources for academic research and I know it will help you to study more easily as well. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true~ How lucky are we that we could have opportunities of learning outside classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same. I really enjoy like this class, and also we can get important things, right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesss I love learning outside the classroom too (even though my debate side was studying inside the classroom lol 💀). Also I agree with you Amanda's presentation was really cool and concise. Happy to know that you can see one of the great fearure of library!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice reflections, Anny. As they say 'practice makes perfect' ... so get into it. You'll have plenty of opportunities as you prepare for your research seminar. David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! I like outside studies very much! We are able to get interesting perspective to go outside of classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you that Amanda's presentation was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like out side class too because we can get new something new and feel out side atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang