Pandemics of the past Misaki

 What I was surprised thing is death toll of the Spanish full was much more than toll of WW1 war. When I was a high school student, I learned this war from world history. At that time, I thought people were killed by invention of new weapon such as poisonous gas and machine gun. I didn’t learn the fact that at least 50 million people died because of the flu epidemic. I thought black death is the most fearful plague because from my experience, we lived under covid-19. Nowadays, medical treatment has been developed and everyone know the factor. However, in 14C, the plague was mysterious, and nobody knew why people died. People had to fight the terrible plague. In the future, it could outbreak some plagues because in the past, we experienced living with plague at regular intervals.

Honestly, I think COVID-19 is not only negative effect. Thanks to it, I'm sure how important communicating with other people is. Even though  my high school life ruined, I thought I put my best step forward.




Comments

  1. We should be grateful to modern medical technology. Because of it, modern people can deal with COVID-19.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think always about this, human must be humble to the nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is more dangerous than ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through looking back to historical pandemics and COVID-19, we realize we need to always be prepared for future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang