The Ideal School: My Vision -- Yusuke

Speaking of my ideal school, I would like to state that students in university should be able to change their major even after they enter university. The system of university is quite different depending on the country, but it’s difficult to change our faculty after entering university in Japan because when we want to change our major, we usually need to take the entrance examinations again. It’s troublesome for most of the students, so they aren’t likely to change their faculty even if they find it boring after entering. I’ll give some reasons to support my idea.

 

First, I feel that it’s challenging to find a major which every student has an interest in because students have to prepare for the entrance examination as well as consider their interests. Consequently, they face the trouble that they don’t have enough time to find their interests before entering university.

 

Second, it’s not sensible to decide on a major without trying classes. This was true of my experience. Once I started taking classes in my Japanese university, I found more theoretical than I imagined. I hoped to learn something practical. However, I didn’t realize this fact until I took these classes.

 

For these reasons, I want Japanese universities to change the major system. In terms of the satisfaction of students, I’m confident that it’ll be a positive change for Japanese universities.

Comments

  1. I'm sure that is very controversial topic. In my university, we can change our class that we have chosen even if these classed have already started. We can change our classes as long as within 2 weeks. I hope you will enjoy yourself in your Japanese university as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your opinion. It will become terrible life people can't change faculty even they want to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a great idea! I haven't decided my job that I want to be. I'm studying English for now, but my mind might going to be change. For that situation, I think that is great system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The education system has already set. But we could find some ways to extend our skills and interests which are useful in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang