Yuri Nakamura

Hello, I'm Yuri Nakamura.

I am from Shiga, Japan and I came from Kyoto Tachibana University.

When I was in Japan, I lived with my family, my mother, my father, my younger brother and my dog. The dog's name is "Pikkoro". It came from the Japanese animation "DRAGON BALL" and was named by my brother.

My hobbies are listening to music and playing badminton. I have been playing badminton for 9 years now. Since I came to New Zealand, I sometimes play badminton with my friends. I also took part in the city badminton tournament in my home town and won first place.

 

I now live in Ross Creek (Glenleith) with the Henderson family. It's the last bus stop.

My host family is my host mum Sarah, my host brother Oliver and my cat Lupo. They are all very nice and lovely family.

 

When I was a high school student, my favorite subject is English because I can talk to a lot of people by being able to speak English. I enjoy communicating with people because it expands my values and I learn a lot of new things. However, I am shy, so I would be happy if you spoke to me. Besides, my high school is unique with 5 courses (Global study, Human culture, Business, Mechatronics and Technology) I was in Global study course and that's why there were at least 4 kinds of English subjects every day.

 

The reason I chose EAP is because my major is English. Also, I wanted to do a regular course at the University of Otago, but my grades were not good enough. Instead, I want to learn more advanced English at EAP.

 

I have about 6 months in New Zealand, so if you have any recommendations to visit in New Zealand, please let me know.

Nice to meet you!

 

Comments

  1. You like playing baminton! I sometimes play it at Unipol ,I don't have any skills of badminton though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a spectacular badminton player!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog's name is so cute and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you teach me about badminton? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pikkoro is a cute and impressive name! And you're so motivated, I hope your enjoyable life in Dunedin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great~ Maybe next time we will meet each other at Unipol badminton court.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited Kyoto twice. I liked very much! I like playing badminton too! If we have opportunity, let's play it at Unipol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think badminton is a good sport. It is high-intensity sport. You are so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like playing badminton, only amateur, hope you coach me someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen the person who called something Pikkoro except for Pikkoro

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to play badminton too but you must be strong player!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like playing badminton, but my skill of playing badminton is poor, so please teach me how to get to play it better than now....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Athit Komin

Momoka Tsuneyama

Tsukino Watase