Boyan Slat & The Ocean Cleanup -- Momoka

I couldn't believe that he established the NPO Ocean Cleanup when Bryan Slat was just 16 years old. If I saw someone throwing away rubbish into the sea, I wouldn’t think anything of it. I thought it was amazing that he saw it and decided to carry out the Ocean Cleanup project. Also, I was surprised that scientists said it would take 79000 years to collect all the rubbish in the ocean, but Slat said it could be done in five years. In addition, he said that ‘If you look at history, everything that we now take for granted used to be impossible at some point in time.’ I was impressed by it. I think his heart that doesn’t give up, his inquisitive and bravery mind have fueled his achievements.

Comments

  1. Same as you, I wouldn't do anything if I saw somebody threw garbage into the ocean. Guess that's what make Boyan Slat distinguishably incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyan Slat really inspired a lot of people with noticing the plastic pollution on the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sure. You have a potential to be like Boyan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang