Boyan Slat & Ocean Cleanup -- Misaki

 Boyan slat’s project could be successful to correct plastic garbage. I admire him because when he came up his idea, he was only 16 years old. For me I just hung out with my friends. I never thought about world issues.

His characteristic must be passionate because he has still strongly remembered the fact that there were more numerous of plastic than fish in the ocean in Greece. He saw and faced directly this serious problem. Although, people usually including me know how challenging issues such as climate change and air pollution we have, we think we cannot do anything to solve these problems with our hands. Of course, we try to reduce to use plastic product like plastic bags, but we don’t do dynamically activities. However, he asked question himself why don’t we just clean it up? From this idea, I think he also realist.

I believe his project succeeded even though initial idea didn’t succeed because from the video we watched today, actually a ton of plastic was corrected at once. He said his project finished in 5 years, but I don’t think that. Though I just wonder using 3- or 4-meter booms is creative idea that fish can safely pass without being involved, in terms of deep areas, how to collect plastic? I guess this project will take for more than 10 years if 99.9 % of plastic garbage in the ocean can be corrected.


Comments

  1. I also think it'll take more than 5 years to clean up the ocean. Moreover, I don't think garbage in the ocean will be collected perfectly but the issue will be much better, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyan made 2nd strategy. Maybe the failure of 001, he was very disappointed. But he did not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s admirable to take action to clean the ocean at such a young age.
    Yusuke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang