About me - Andrew Cha

 

Hello everyone,

I am Andrew Cha from South Korea. My Korean name is Byongki Cha, but please call me Andrew. I came here with my family on May 26, 2023. My son and daughter are primary school students at Maori Hill, and they have been enjoying life in New Zealand. They love going to school, playing sports, and traveling to other cities, which makes my wife and me very happy. At first, we were worried about adapting to our new life in Dunedin. However, nowadays, my entire family feels comfortable here.

As you know, the weather in Dunedin in June is cold. When we first arrived, it was challenging to adapt to the weather. A Kiwi friend of mine in Dunedin told me, "We have four seasons in just one day," and I completely agree with him. Even though I have lived in Dunedin for over a year now, it is still not easy to get accustomed to the weather.

I graduated from university in my country 23 years ago. It's difficult for me to remember my favorite subject, but I have always been interested in biology and history. When I was in high school, one of my dreams was to become a history teacher. However, my life took a different path.

I came here for my children's English education. My wife lived in the UK when she was a child, and after discussing it, we decided to live in a foreign country with our children. Additionally, my wife's father lives in Dunedin, so we chose to come here.

During my time in Dunedin, I want to take a sabbatical year. However I realized that I needed to improve my English. That's why I am here with you. I see this as a great opportunity to study English. I try to use English at home with my children. In fact, my children speak English much better than I do, and I am grateful to them for that.

I enjoy making new friends and talking with people. This is a great opportunity to satisfy my curiosity. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I hope we get closer through many conversations during Term 2. Thank you for reading this.




Comments

  1. I was surprised too that there are 4 seasons in a day, so it is still so difficult for me to decide everyday clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew!! I really glad to take class with you again. IELTS class in last term, I learned a lot from your speaking about your experience. From now on, I would like to get some advice from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your opinion.
    I was surprised the weather in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immersing ourselves into English is the easiest way to improve our English skills... You must be a good father!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Athit Komin

Momoka Tsuneyama

Tsukino Watase