Pandemics of the Past -- Andrew

 

Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome

Avian Influenza

Influenza A(H1N1)

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome

Covid 19


Since becoming a doctor, I have dealt with many outbreaks of infectious diseases. As a surgeon, my main job was performing surgeries, but I have spent more than half of the past 20 years working on the front lines of treating infectious diseases. Many of the patients I treated in the ICU have passed away.

Infectious diseases are very scary. Even if I am careful, I know I can’t be completely sure I won’t get sick. I was afraid while treating patients with infectious diseases because I am just an ordinary person like everyone else.

Modern medicine has been developing very quickly since it first appeared. But no one knows what kind of diseases might come in the future. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we gave people vaccines that hadn’t been fully proven to be safe, and now many people are suffering from vaccine side effects. Modern medicine is not perfect.

I believe there is a very high chance of another infectious disease outbreak in the next few years. How should we deal with it? There is no single answer. We only have the best methods to try. This means focusing on personal hygiene and public health systems. We just need to do our best.






Comments

  1. Maybe, sometimes I just think if Covid-19 is outbreak again what should I do. I really scare about it, but like you said we just need to do our best and try to safe ourself as much as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as you, I'm scared to infection disease and if happen other pandemic in the future, I will not know what should I do to provide it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew 👋 I really appreciate that you share some insight of the infectious diseases, and I greatly respect you for what you have done for the community. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a doctor, so I assume you understand how scary contagious diseases are much better than we do. I have great respect for you, especially for performing surgeries to cure infected patients. Yusuke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, do our best. Prevention is usually better than cure~ right!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang