In 2044 - Andrew

 In 1998, I used my first mobile phone. The phone wasn’t very big, but it didn’t have many features other than calling and texting. Now, more than 20 years later, I use my mobile phone for almost everything in my daily life. Technology has advanced incredibly, and it will probably advance even more in the next 20 years. 

However, I don’t always welcome this change. I prefer paper books to e-books, hand-written letters to e-mails, and shopping at the market rather than e-shopping. Lately, I’ve felt that because of the rapid growth of technology, people are paying less attention to the humanities. 

Humanities are studies about humans. 
They focus on human thoughts, behavior, and looking back on history to prepare for the future. Technology must be centered around humans. If technology grows without respect for people, it loses its true purpose. If this happens, I would rather live an analog life, reading paper books, writing letters, and going to the market to shop.




Comments

  1. I agree with you. We shouldn’t lose the respect for human beings.
    Yusuke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology has always come from human nature. I think we need to think more about human technology and balance between human and technology.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang