An Experience of Culuture Shock - Tsukino

     It is been about 5 months since I came to study abroad in New Zealand. This is first experience of abroad in my life, and as a result of this I could experience a lot of culture shock after I came here. I totally worried about culture shock before I started live in New Zealand. However, as a matter of fact, It was not that bad almost culture shock is nicer than I expected.
     The culuture shock which I would like to describe is about people who live in New Zealand are extremely friendly and I think people think of communication is more important, to small talk, compared with Japan. For example, people who I do not know tolde me like "This one tastes so nice." "That is not good." when I went shopping, and also people who ride on the bus talk a lot and I can hear music in the bus as well. In addition, when I was on my way home by bus, that time old man talked to me until the bus arrived near his house. It was a great experience for me and I was really happy. Moreover, my host family communicates with each other about what happen each day or how is your feel so much which is pretty lovely for me. 
     In general, we do not talk a lot with unknown persons. Additionally, at normal volume when people use public transportation such as buses or trains in Japan which is I was surprised and thought about good friendliness culture at a same time.

Comments

  1. I think, small talk brings people closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never talked with unknown person in the train in Japan. I prefer New Zealand communication style!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang