An Experience of Culture Shock -- Koko

 I'm going to explain about an experience of Culture Shock. First of all, There are some things which I felt shock. Things which I was surprised the most is about had todo with food.
 
The style of basic Japanese food is one plate is not complete. In detail, there is main dish, side dishes and so on, and it is relatively healthy because of the distribution of calories. On the other hand, the style of basic New Zealand food is western food. And, I think the most common types of western food are like junk food, for instance, pizza, meat, and potato dishes. In my experience, when I firstly ate dishes in New Zealand which is kind of potato dish, I thought that it was delicious. But my stomach gradually began to feel heavy after such a diet for a month. I assume this is because I am not yet used to eat western food. 

 In addition, I was surprised that my host mother cooked me a dish that used peanut butter. Basically, Japanese people don't use something sweet like peanut butter for dinner. To be honest, it was not tasty for me. Even if I will eat peanut butter sometimes, probably I am not excited to have in a dish for dinner.
 
This solution is talking about dinner with my host mother. When I did that, my mother added some vegetables more than before. It is important to talk with my host family if having a problem about life in foreign country.

Comments

  1. Hi Koko👋 Yes, changing food culture will affect your body, especially you would feel more uncomfortable when the new culture is substantially different. I hope know you're getting used to it 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food which we eat is quite different from one in our country, so at first, I didn’t get used to eating, but now I prefer it to Japanese food.
    Yusuke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang