Boyan Slat & Ocean Cleanup -- Andrew

 I learned about the huge plastic garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean through various media. I also knew about Boyan Slat’s idea and how he has worked hard to solve this problem. He went through many trials and errors and received both advice and criticism. Now, he is working hard to make his dream come true through two different strategies, and he is making meaningful progress. Boyan, at a young age, thought about the environment around him, asked questions, and tried to find solutions. I think this is very impressive, especially since he has stayed true to his original goal even after 10 years.

After the failure of 001 in 2018-2019, he faced a lot of criticism. He was surrounded by many rumors, and some even accused him of receiving large donations from plastic manufacturing companies. But he did not give up. He created 002 and 003 to deal with ocean plastic waste and developed the second Interceptor strategy. Now, he is collecting and recycling a lot of plastic waste.

What I admire most about Boyan is this determination. Ordinary people, including me,

may not be able to recognize the problems around them and work to solve them like Boyan does. However, I believe that recognizing a problem and not giving up, not comparing yourself to others, and continuing to work toward your goal throughout your life is something that ordinary people like me can also do. Whether we are young or old, if we set a goal at any moment in our lives and work toward it, even if it takes a long time, I believe this is also a wonderful life.



Comments

  1. I like that, he is a person who never give up. He has a lot of passion to his work and it's successful. And I know you can do it too!. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thought sounds deep. I was inspired by you. I realised that we can do something just by ourselves even it deosn't have a huge impact on the world. Be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems extremely difficult to keep his project going without giving up, especially in the face of constant criticism. Yusuke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang