The Ideal School My Vision -- Hana

  I think that to make a better world, we need people who can see our world in a positive way or a negative way. The people who make our world better before have their own thinking about problems and peoples needs even if that thinking is different from most peoples. I think the people who can make everyones life better were who can think for themselves and tackle the worlds problems. To grow these kinds of persons, I think we need to increase opportunity of students to think themselves and analyze the mechanism of how things are happening. 



 Especially in Japanese schools, I feel that lack of opportunities for thinking. I think everything we learn at school has a mechanism likely why we got reach to this answer. If we ask the questions which were learnt in elementary school, many people cant explain why these answer will going to be correct. I think it means these adults didnt have enough opportunities to think about the mechanism what they were studying. Also, many of my friends are thinking that ‘’If my grades are fine, everything will going to be alright’’. Just remembering difficult things hat makes people wonder ‘’Why am I studying this now?’’ in a negative way. Thinking about the mechanism makes study interesting and we can develop the analyze skill to solve problems appropriately. 

From this example, I think teachers should give minimum hints about questions and let students think first. That will develop the students analyze skill and this skill is useful to analyze the cause of issues or needs in the world. Maybe there are students who are not good at analyzing, but if the teacher or other students teach them how to take things apart in pieces slowly, even these kinds of students will get used to analyzing things. Also, this action will develop their relationships by cooperating. Thus, my ideal school is which has a lot of opportunities to think about the mechanism of things that are happening and it can develop the person who can analyze issues and think how to solve them.   

 

Comments

  1. OH I'm feel sad about your bad experiences in japanese school, It's quite as same as Thailand too. Everyone think about "Why are we study this lesson?, Studies for what?". I'm agree with you that teachers should let students think the answer first, give attention to every students who are not good analying and help them to the best of their ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a experience that I was tired and thought why I do this homework during I going to elementary school. If I attended to lesson with your plan, I would be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hana 👋 Love your idea, somehow I felt relatable while reading it 🥺 Yes, I think it is quite the same in Vietnam education that it is more like spoon-feeding. I kinda understand why the education system runs like that, but same as you, I think encouraging students to think critically, and appreciating their ideas are also important ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that is a bad aspect of Japanese education. Education is supposed to be a way to get new knowledge, so it should not be an obrigation...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang