Library Visit Debrief -- Cathy


Today, the 25th of July, our class had an opportunity to visit the Robertson Library (RL) and to learn about searching information for our own seminar. Actually, this was not the first time I had been to the RL. I had been there before in my foundation course, I had also been in the same seminar room, and had been taught to use digital library lol. Anyway, I would say this time visiting the library was a good chance for myself to reinforce my knowledge, and to learn new things that I haven't known before. Amanda Hutchinson was our instructor today, she was really nice and helpful, I love the way she combined her sense of humour into the instruction to make the content more easily understandable for us (at least for me hehe). In the session, I was informed of basic information of the Otago University library such as the use of student card, borrowing books, library guiddlines, then I was instructed to use library searching tool with the help of some strategies. Personally, I was impressed by the truncation (*) operator which is a symbol used to help with finding vocabulary variatons by replacing the suffix, it is really interesting. I'm still using these searching tips to find information for any of my academic (or sometime for fun) work, and surely I'll be using them in the future. 😊


Comments

  1. You looked really enjoying there! We could get a lot of useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! I like her humor too. Humor is a good way to get the audience's attention and focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little repetition of what we've previously been taught can aid retention. David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought truncation is very useful to look up information too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang