Library Visit Debrief -- Andrew

 I was very impressed by the fact that Dunedin, being a city known for its education, has a large number of libraries. I was also shocked by how well the internal structure of the libraries serves their purpose. The natural lighting, temperature control, the arrangement of books and desks, and the appropriate distribution of personal seating and team spaces were all impressive.

Additionally, I was amazed that I could borrow up to 100 books. I was surprised by the number itself, but even more so by the way the borrowed books are managed. I wanted to ask Amanda more about this.

I was also surprised by the fact that the library scans and provides journals. I wonder if there are any copyright issues with this. As societies develop, legal management of intellectual property becomes increasingly important, so I'm curious about how this is handled.

Visiting the library was a surprisingly enlightening experience for me.



Comments

  1. An interesting post, Andrew. I understand a certain amount of copying is allowed for research purposes, but Amanda would be able to fill you in on the rules around such things, no doubt. David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not to mention surprising thing! We can borrow books up to 100... I'm sure I would lost one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that Dunedin is famous for good quality of education. I could feel that from Amanda's speech, It was really easy to understand and the information was really important for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang