Clubs Day Debrief -- Anny

Today is Otago University Clubs Day. Nearly seventy clubs gathered in the library lobby to exhibit and recruit new members. The scene was very lively. It was a great opportunity for me to learn about student associations onsite.

I was delighted to find some interesting clubs and have signed up. First, OUCSA (Otago University Chinese Students’Association). In fact, I have joined the OUCSA Wechat group one month ago. There are a lot of useful information to share. Second, Yoga & Meditation Club. The weekly classes will start on next Tuesday. I’m looking forward to it. Third, WiHN ( Women in Health Network). It aims to create a supportive community of non-binary health professionals and tackle gender inequities across the health sector through mentoring and events programmes. A conference will be held next Saturday. I spent time communicating with them and felt well.

It was a productive day.  Joining clubs is very helpful for us to cultivate new friendships, learn new skills, work with diverse group of people, etc. Next I'll attend the club activities, which will make the most out of my studying and visiting experience.  

Comments

  1. You have a lot of appointment from now! You will be busy in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will enjoy the life with studying and attending the clubs activities~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing to join the club. I'm already in Japanese association and I had very enjoyable time at there! I hope you will have so much enjoyable memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you have joined the club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems good that you were able to find out clubs which you’re interested in!
    Yusuke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Anny. Looks like you took the opportunity to network with a diverse bunch of people. Keep going! David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw you talk to a lot of people. Your networking was definitely success!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ideal School: My Vision -- Riko

Pandemics of the Past -- A Reflection

Jimmy Huang